Friday, September 9, 2016

Trials and Tribulations

I have learned that while trials and tribulations are hard things to over come, using them to teach and better the world is better than moping and thinking things will never be better.
Yes, sometimes our afflictions don't get better, but the way you perceive them can make a world of difference. Instead of staying in the thinking position where you're telling yourself 'why continue if it's only going to get worse?', ask yourself 'how can I use this experience to better the understanding of those around me? How can I help others with this experience?'. Don't let yourself be your own worse enemy, fight against the intrusive thoughts.
If we can remember that although these things happening to us probably royally suck, others may not realize that. If we use this to help those who don't realize how it truly does suck, if we use it to show the world that these stereotypes are not real, we can use a really sucky thing to better the world around us. 
I know that by doing this, it has bettered me as a person and has truly helped me see the smaller things in life as blessings. 

You are strong, you can do this.

No comments:

Post a Comment