Sunday, September 25, 2016

A Letter to My Loved Ones

Dear friends and family who have stuck by me,

I notice you. I notice when you help me, when you are there for me, when you support me through the rough times. I notice you when you drop what you’re doing to assist me with something. I notice you. I am so very thankful for all that you have done for me. It’s been difficult to accept what my body has done to me. It’s taken so much, but I am blessed it has not taken you away. You may not realize this, but those little texts, the hanging out when I am lonely, the random calls, and the offers to help clean, cook, etc. are much bigger than just favors- they are blessings. These little things make me feel wanted, special, and cared about. I have lost so many people from being so physically ill, but I have found who my true friends are. I can’t express how thankful I am for you guys being around. I have learned so much from this experience and without you guys, I wouldn’t have learned any of it.

So here’s me saying my deepest thank yous, here’s me saying that I love you guys. I love that you guys help me, I love that you guys weren’t angry when I started needing a wheelchair. You guys were there when I needed a shoulder to cry on and when I needed to make some of the biggest decisions of my life.

As a chronic illness patient, it’s hard to know who will stick by me thick and thin. You guys have helped me realize that there’ll always be someone there for me.

Love,

Your Loved One With Chronic Illnesses


No comments:

Post a Comment