Monday, October 17, 2016

Closed. A Poem By Arianna Nyswonger ©

Sadness. 
Sadness comes when I see,
All those with a voice
Giving in to those around me.
The words penetrate their minds
Bodies
And souls,
They don't realize what they have done. 
Freely given,
As if not a crime,
Scared to death
To speak my mind. 
As my peers,
Decide my fate
All because of their reformed hate,
I become smaller
And smaller with time.
I open my mouth
To speak what I must,
But it falls on deaf hears. 
The loudest ones,
Have silenced all. 
Like a tyrant,
They try to make us fall. 
Drugged on media,
They quickly give away
All the freedoms that they crave. 
Like the lions 
In the wild
They eat the drugged and hopeless 
They devour their minds 
Enslave their souls
They think it a game,
To create this illusion
That so many admire.
They think that they will win,
They think we have no mind. 
The sheep with no way to break free,
Follow the wolf
The wolf claims to have the key
To their new formed destiny
But the key is rusted and moldy, 
It's to the door in which their death lies beyond
Not all of us are sheep,
There are the lambs that broke from the herd long ago
Although we are looked down upon
Although we are frightened
We are not the sheep being led to their slaughter
We are not the sheep 
So while the sheep dance to the wolfs happy tune
We will sit here and smile
For only they knew 
What we know
Sadness. 
For only the silenced 
Have the knowledge 
That the loud can't see. 


©Arianna Nyswonger, 2016 

No comments:

Post a Comment