Thursday, July 21, 2016

Sometimes, Winnie-the-Pooh Can Remind You

“You can't stay in your corner of the Forest waiting for others to come to you. You have to go to them sometimes.”
A.A. Milne, Winnie-the-Pooh 

 This quote is something I just ran across while looking for another quote. I thought I would write on it because it hits close to home. 

Over the last year, I have had to learn some very hard life lessons on my own but hey, that's part of being an adult right? One of those hard life lessons is that I need to start going to people, that making friends or requesting help starts with me going to others about it. I need to stop waiting around for people to come to me because most likely, they are waiting for me to come to me. 

Although this can be very difficult for me, being Autistic and having issues making friends, I need to trying to find a way past that fear. It's not going to go anywhere but figuring out a way to go around it will help me in the long run. 

Another thing that I learned, was that sometimes it's not about making friends but about making the friendships you do have better than they were before. Hanging out more, talking more, making an already existing friendship stronger-- THAT can go a long way as well. My grandfather always told me that you can only count your true friends on one hand. I sometimes think that this is true. The true friends stick around when things get tough and don't run when you need them. I lost a lot of friends over the last year, but I gained some pretty amazing ones and saw the ones who are true to me. 




No comments:

Post a Comment