Thursday, July 21, 2016

When life hands you lemons...

Sometimes, life doesn't turn out the way we plan. We have this idea, this vision, of what we want it to be like when we are younger. I wanted to be a special education teacher for the high assistance kids and go to my favorite university. Life, didn't happen the way I wanted it to. Two years into my schooling and I became ill and had to take a break from school only to learn that that sort of work is something that I will never be able to do again. It broke my heart, but after having a year off from school, and much time to think about it, I learned that just because I can't do what I wanted, it doesn't mean that I failed, it just means that I must find another avenue to pursue. I thought long and hard, where to go from there and realized... I love to write! I was already writing a novel, I could continue school to get a degree in creative writing! It wasn't my first choice, but it is something I am good at and it's something that I would love to pursue. 

When life hands you lemons, but they're not the lemons you hoped for, you can still make lemonade if you try hard enough. If you can't make lemonade the first time round, that doesn't mean you failed, you just have to try try again! You never know how delicious that lemonade will be if you don't continue to try! Don't give up, just because one dream is unable to come true for you at the moment, doesn't mean there is not other dreams you have that you can pursue. 

Life has its series of ups and downs, twists and turns, it's just a matter of how we view it and deal with it. If we view it negatively, we bring that to us. If we view it positively, we bring that to us. I could look at my physical issues as my downfall, that I am a failure to society, but instead I take what I am dealt and help others learn from what I go through. I help show them that life is worth living and that no matter what you go through, you can come out of it stronger than ever--- even if it doesn't seem like that now. 

“Promise me you'll always remember: You're braver than you believe, and stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.”
A.A. Milne

Promise me you'll always remember: You're braver than you believe, and stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think. A. A. Milne
Read more at: http://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/quotes/a/aamilne402613.html
Promise me you'll always remember: You're braver than you believe, and stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think. A. A. Milne
Read more at: http://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/quotes/a/aamilne402613.html

No comments:

Post a Comment