Tuesday, July 26, 2016

When advocating is worth all the hard work...

I've been an advocate for several years, run several blogs (including this one) and multiple Facebook pages and have spoken up about what I advocate for. Usually, it's met with hate and name calling when I advocate-- don't worry I'm use to it. Today was different. As I was getting my blood drawn (those pesky CBCs!), I was telling the girl doing my blood test what I advocate for and telling her about my blogs and such. Her eyes lit up and she smiled "THANK YOU so much for speaking up! We need more people to do that! Please keep doing it!" And then gave me a hug. I shared my blogs with her (if she's reading this you're awesome!) and left. She probably has no clue how she made my day, that a simple word of encouragement made my crappy day the best. Thank you nurse! You really have no clue how enlightening it is to hear that people want me to keep doing it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment