Thursday, August 4, 2016

A Letter to the Doctors Who Don't Care...

Dear Very Misled Doctors/Therapists,

Hello! Your clearly suffering patient here! I am writing this letter because you need to hear me out, you must listen! I am writing this because I PAY YOU to listen and help. I don't pay you to ignore me, thus making my health worse. I don't pay to be told lies or be told sugar coated twisted words. I pay you to find whats happening to me. 

If I tell you HEY I'm having issues and need to talk, or HEY the pain is getting worse, can we do something about it? or HEY I need assistance moving, can I have *insert device*? HEAR ME OUT. Don't just ignore me! I am doing my best to live my life like any young adult, but being told that you can't or won't help me stops me and makes it harder to do so.

I need your help. We must work together to make things better, we must work together to find answers. A Doctor, Patient relationship must be both sides working together not just one doing it and the other not listening. Things won't get accomplished unless we both put our heads together and find the answers, I can't do it on my own but you can't either. You must put your pettiness aside and hear me out. If I say that the meds aren't working, then lets find another. If I am fearful of lowering something without adding another, please hear me out. Most likely there is reason to that fear. If I tell you that my pain is horrible, please believe me. Just because I am not crying, doesn't mean it's not there. 

All I ask is you to listen. That's it. Have a heart. It's not all in my head (my pain) and I'm not faking (my pain and PTSD). Please hear me out and help me. It's hare as it is to deal with this, but even harder when those who are hired to help me won't.

Sincerely,
A chronic Illness Patient

No comments:

Post a Comment