Tuesday, August 2, 2016

Take Advantage of What You're Given

One cold Oregonian morning of February 2015, I woke up to my entire body feeling heavy because of this, I couldn't move to get up out of bed. My sister/best friend had to pull me out of bed, strip me and throw me in the tub with epson salt. It helped a little bit, I was fortunately able to move but it was painful and slow. This was what started my journey to finding an answer. 

I have had joint pain, tolerable, since I was young. I can't remember not having it. The doctors just shrugged it off and thought I was faking. It was whatever but when this happened to me, I knew something was wrong so I immediately went to my doctor. 

The first misdiagnosis I received was fibromyalgia but I was going downhill way to fast. They ran tests and poked me a lot. God they loved my blood! Haha! Anyways, when my half sister told me she had the same thing happen and they found out it was lupus, I told my doctor and she immediately sent me to the rheumatologist.

The man was heartless, or otherwise just plain rude. He never listened to anything I said and continually put my health at risk. Although, he claims to have found Rheumatoid Arthritis, I think there's other things wrong. I asked my doctor to send me to our local and best teaching hospital in Oregon and now I am waiting on my appointment. 

I have gone from needing no assistance to a cane to a walker in a year. I have gone from needing only some help, to a caregiver to help me clean and get errands done. I am now immunosuppressed -- don't have a proper immune system now. 

There's days where I can't get out of bed, where I can't leave my house because I need the bathroom close. There's times where I can't eat. Times where I can't dress. Times where I can't shower.  

People take so much for granted. They call these big answers from God blessing but what they fail to realize is, the small things are the best blessing. Everything from waking, to eating, to being able to walk without assistance is a blessing. One day, you can be like me and wake up with those blessings gone, regretting that I didn't think that they were indeed blessings. 

Don't be like me. Don't be the person who realizes when it i too late.

No comments:

Post a Comment