Saturday, August 27, 2016

A Letter to my Friends:

Dear Friends,

You probably don't understand why I told you that I am Autistic. You probably don't get why I told you that I have issues with comprehending people or certain things. 


Here's the thing: I did it because "comprehension" is what gets me into trouble. I tend to lose friends because of it. It can cause issues with communicating and understanding things in general. I tell people so they are warned that I don't do these things on purpose, it's just a part of who I am and I have to work around it but it's very hard to do this. I do my best, but sometimes my best isn't good enough. 


I get things mixed up, sometimes I don't even know I do it till it already happens and the person has walked away. I ask that you please try to be patient with me. I am trying. Please remember that it's not you, and it's not entirely me- it's how my brain works. Unfortunately, there's not much that I can do to change it but I ask that you please be patient with me. I try to be patient with myself but it's harder when my friends aren't with me. I am sorry for whatever happens, I am deeply sorry ahead of time but it doesn't mean that I am not trying to be a good friend. 


Sincerely,


Your Autistic Friend

No comments:

Post a Comment