Wednesday, August 31, 2016

A Midnight Rambling

It's 3:30 am currently and I'm sitting awake, in my nice big queen sized bed, cuddling my tiny, yet furocious service dog. As I usually do when I have insomnia, I lay there, scrolling through my Facebook app on my iPhone looking for ideas on what to write. Since I often talk about things that are major in society today, such as civil rights or how things have personally affected me, I decided to throw that aside in this post and talk about something different. 

First off, thank you to all of my amazing friends, followers, family and random people who have made this blog happen. Thank you to my amazing boyfriend who's been pushing me to continue my blogging and writing even when I feel like I'm dying. Thank you to my parents, who've been very supportive of me. I love you all and it means a great deal to me that you read my rants, stories, and feelings on basically everything and anything I can think of. When I think of giving up, I get reminded that there are you guys who want to see more of my useless jibber jabbering. Don't worry, I'm not leaving anytime soon. Sorry haters, you're not pushing me away! 

Secondly, I am very deeply saddened by the terrible loss of Gene Wilder. He was an amazing man with a good heart. Although widely know for being Willy Wonka, I best liked him in Blazing Saddles and Young Frankenstein. I'm a Mel Brooks kind of... Druid (yes I think I'm very clever) and always loved Gene's humor that he displayed in Brooks' films. His wittiness, high energy, sometimes really offending, characters always made me forget about the drama and hate-filled world I reside in daily. Now when I see Waco-Kid and Frankenstein, I cry. I cry not only because we lost a wonderful, kind hearted man to a horrible disease that takes everything but because I lost another coping mechanism. I hate seeing the actors who made me laugh pass on. The laughter and joy that once came with these films, are overwhelmed by tears and sadness. At some point, those tears will become laughter again but until they do I will continue to watch his smiling face and cry. 

Gene we know you're in a better place, say hi to Alan and David for me? 

Thirdly, and lastly, I would like to ask my viewers a question: 

What would YOU like to see me writing on my blog? What would you like to see more of? Less of?? What advice do you have for me? 

Please feel free to comment on the blog directly here, on my Facebook page or email me. It would mean a lot to get input. 

Thanks guys!! 

Rest in peace the Waco-Kid. </3

No comments:

Post a Comment